Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My First Attempt at Blogging !!

Well Sue this is all your fault ! Sue and I are old friends. Wow ! How many years has it been ? We started double dating way back when I was very first dating Paul. Woody, Sues' husband and Paul are cousins. We had some good times, although the guy's were grouchy most of the time. We raised our kid's together, spent countless hours at Cherry Hill before it was all the rage. Celebrated the kid's birthdays together, we even had themes for our party's. All of the holidays together. Halloween, making carmeled apples, and trick or treating. The 4th and the 24th of July watching fireworks. Christmas partys. Our children were each other's best friends, and so were we. We had a harrowing day trying to find two of our children, Matt and Gentry. We spent hours looking for them throughout the neighborhoods, Cherry Hill campground, and holding each other's hands, tearfully walking towards the pond, hoping that they were not floating in it. We were certain they had drowned or had been kidnapped !! They had been gone for around 7 hours, we had called the police when finally they showed up being carried by friends that had joined in the search. They had been found in the telephone booth around the back of the store at Cherry Hill. After getting in, they were too small to open it back up and they had spent the entire day in the booth. Their account was that they had cried, slept, wet their pants, and according to Gentry " They didn't even have a dime !!"
When Woody and Sue moved away we drifted apart, life happens. Some of the kid's have stayed in touch here and there. But recently Sue and I have reconnected. She and some of her family came to visit when Reagan had her open heart surgery. We have visited at a couple of event's, birthday's and car shows. I'm so glad we had the chance to rekindle our friendship and I'm looking forward to having activities where all the kid's can get together again. Sue told me about her blog and when I looked at it was when I decided that I would give it a try. May take some time to get it as good as her's, well maybe never ! So here's to you Sioux !!!

1 comment:

Sioux said...

WOW! You give me too much credit-but I'm happy for anything that comes my way. It's been so fun to sit and watch these pix as they roll by-just like the years! We had alot of fun and wild times with the 9 kids in tow all the time. People defintely knew they were in 'Mormon' country when we drove up. The kids were so dang cute! Thanks for the memories and I'm glad that you're on the 'bloggin' wagon'.