Friday, August 22, 2008

A Letter To Dusty

It's been 5 years since you left this earth, August 22,2003, it doesn't seem possible.
I wonder how you are, what heaven is like where you are, what things you can do.
Is there fishing, snowmobiling, boating, horseback riding, golfing, camping, skiing, all the things that you loved to do here ? Can you see the fireworks ?
I think of you everyday, I miss you everyday, I ask God why everyday.
At times I feel your presence, I feel when you are with me and I close my eye's to feel your arms hug me. I know when you send me messages through the songs - Cheeseburger in Paradise, Skydiving, When I get where I'm going, I believe. My heart smiles.
I am sure that you watch over, and visit your sisters and dads too.
I think of you everyday, I miss you everyday, I ask God why everyday.
Something that bothered you the most when you knew that you were leaving this earth was that you wouldn't be here to raise your children. I know that you watch over them now, and are their guardian angel.
All of the kids' look like you. Jossie is so beautiful. She looks just like you and she has so many mannerisms that are yours. She has your laugh, your smile, the way she shrugs and tosses her head.
Savannah, what a doll, she is a joy ! All girly girl and such an imp. She has the gleam in her eyes and the sassy way about her. The twins, I'm sure you got to meet them before we did. What a pair - what one doesn't think of the other one does. They are handsome little guy's with the same boyish charm you did. It tugs at my heart that you cannot be here with them, that they call some one else daddy. We all are making sure that they know who you are, we tell them all about you.
I think of you everyday, I miss you every day, I ask God why everyday.
We all miss you, your children, dads, sisters, family and friends. We miss your smile, your laugh, your walk, the fun that we all shared ! I often wonder and hope that you know how much we love you.
Did we do all that we could to keep you here ? Were we too late in fighting desperately for your life ? Was there something else we could have done ?
You are a wonderful, loving, kind, fun person, who was a friend to all. You touched so many peoples lives and we were blessed to have you for the time that we did.
I think of you everyday, I miss you everyday, I ask God why everyday.
Love, Mom

3 comments:

Sioux said...

What a beautiful tribute - I have had the hardest time waiting to read this, since I spoke with you yesterday about it. The poignant words are only those from a Mother's heart, and the pictures brings back so many memories of that cute guy! Remember how he called a helicopter a 'hoppychopper'and a truck a 'fruck'! Had to be careful with that one...

Heidi Banford Art said...

I'm glad to see you've jumped on the blog train. It'll nice to see what everyones up to. I love the pics of everyone when we were little, and the ones of Dusty. Here's a link to my site, www.hidbdesigns.blogspot.com/.

Hi-D

Sioux said...

BTW-TAG, you're IT! Go to my blog for instructions.